Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Braelyn's Birthday

Thrusday July 12th I had an appointment at the OB to see if anything was going on, I wasn't suprised to hear I was dialated to a 2 and really nothing had changed from a week prior, so we were all suprised how fast it all happened. Friday morning I woke up and took Sadie for a walk around the elementary school in our neighborhood, I wasn't having any significant feeling or contractions but thought it would be a good idea to start walking to see if anything would start happening. I came home from walking and James and I ran a bunch of errands around town. I talked James into going for another walk with the dogs Friday night about 7 and still wasn't having any real significant contractions.
I had heard a few times to sit on an exercise ball to help get the babies head down and into place so while watching TV I sat on my exercise ball and although I was getting a bunch of funny looks from James I bounced around on that for a few hours while watcing TV. We went to bed around 11:30 and I started having contractions between 5-7 min apart regularly. I really didn't think much of it and honestly thought they would stop and I could go to sleep. Boy was I wrong! They continued to get stronger and closer together so about 1:30 I had the urge to take a shower. James couldn't quite figure out what was going on and kept checking on me. I stayed up for a little while longer and tracked my contractions before deciding I should try to lay down again. To my suprise about 30 min later my water broke! I haven't ever seen my husband run around our house so fast, he had the car packed and all the last min packing done and I hadn't even got my clothes changed!
We headed to the hospital which is about 25 min away and they confirmed that my water had broke, but I was still only dilated to a 3. I was having very strong contractions at this point and requested my epidural ASAP! They nurses were all wonderful and got things started quickly so I could have the epidural. By 5:00 am I got the epidural and was dialated to an 8 and everything became much more plesant for me and James. The nurses let me rest for about 2 hours and about 8:00 I began to push. For me, the entire process was kind of a blur but at 9:29 am we welcomed our little girl Braelyn Jo Hollis into the world.
She was 7lbs 19 inches and perfect in every way!

1 comment:

  1. What a good delivery story! So glad you got to rest before you started pushing. Isn't it amazing how much love you have for them instantly. So glad James was good under pressure :)